Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Famous Last Words: Actually My Last Words

Today is my daughter's 17th birthday. We decided on Saturday morning to get some Italian takeout for lunch, and to spend the day making a crazy cake. We went with 6 layers of pastel rainbow, with sprinkles on top.



(Photos from my personal collection)

I'm also happy to report that I finally picked a graduate program last night. After spending some time with my art therapy teacher (I felt bad crashing their class, but everyone is so chill in there that no one seemed bothered by it), I've decided on a masters in human relations with a clinical mental health concentration. Afterwords I will likely get my PhD in psychology. It feels really good to have a plan finally. Now I just have to finish the application process.

I can't believe this is my last post for class. While I'm glad I have some extra time at the end of the semester, I'm also going to miss it. I'm very happy with how my project turned out, and hope all of you feel the same way when you're done. I plan to keep writing, and feel like this class has improved the way I think about writing stories. Thanks for all of the nice comments you all left me over the semester!


(Photo from Pinterest)

6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh: that cake!!!
    WANT.
    And I am really excited for your graduate school plans. That sounds fantastic, something that you will truly enjoy and a way for you to help others find their way to enjoyment also. You know I vote for that!
    And I also vote for KEEP ON WRITING. Your characters need you!
    Best wishes for the end of the semester and great graduate school adventures ahead. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on finishing the class early!! This is such a fitting post! I hope the cake was a good celebration for you! I know that I will definitely do something fun to celebrate all the work I have put into this class! Best of luck with your future writings!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Cake was a great way to celebrate, you should consider getting some when you finish. ;)

      Delete
  3. Thats so awesome you decided on a masters program Angela! I know you'll love it. I just took a job in Tulsa a couple weeks ago and it was tough for me to decide if I wanted to move there or to Dallas. But the job in Tulsa was just too good to pass up! Its great your done with the class and I think you celebrated accordingly! It does feel great to have a plan now Doesnt it?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zack,
      Yes, it feels fantastic to have a plan. Congrats on your job decision!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete