Friday, November 10, 2017

Famous Last Words: Five More Fridays

I realized this morning that my graduation ceremony is exactly five weeks from today. I have a lot to do before then, so it's a bit of a stressful thought. I guess I'm going to just roll with it and hope for the best. In class this week, I wrote my final story for my project. I can't believe it's about done. I started reading Carmen this week, because if I decide to write stories for the other characters, Panther would be one of the next. It's been a really fun book so far, I'm really enjoying it.

I made some grad school progress this week. Monday morning I talked to someone in one of the counseling programs. It sounded like where I might need to be. Then Monday night I got to talk to my psych teacher. She said she likes the other counseling program better (and has taught for it). She also confirmed that I can absolutely go get my PhD in psych after a master's in either counseling program, and the people she's seen do it that way have been really balanced students. This coming Monday I'm meeting with my art therapy teacher who graduated from the program my teacher recommended. And since I'll be crashing her studio class, I'm bringing my art project along to show her.

This afternoon at the veteran's center, no one wanted to do art. Most of the staff was off for the holiday and they had a big celebration yesterday. Even less people will be around the Friday after Thanksgiving, and the other art people aren't coming. I'm going to bring some new and hopefully fun things in case people show up and want to participate, and a project of my own to work on while I'm there. Whether anyone wants to do art with me or not, I need to get enough hours by the end. So I'm just going to camp out with something to do and hope some people at least come talk to me. That's why I'm really there, anyway.

I took my daughter to the mall this weekend and couldn't resist a picture of this bar of soap. Can you relate? I know I can right now.


(Photo from my personal collection)

2 comments:

  1. That's so awesome that you're so close to graduate! And, like you said, it must also be terrifying! I have another semester left and I already feel like it's too close. At least you finished up this class and will be able to focusing more on finished up everything else. Good luck and you can do it!!

    ReplyDelete